Ryan Steans, Adam Arling, Brian Keese, Natalie Pelster, Molly Zolnay
eReserves at Northwestern University/ IIIF & Avalon - Avalon users at Northwestern discuss how faculty request media, how they decide to use Avalon as the hosting solution, and how they place the material in a course. Also - the Avalon team discusses International Image Interoperability Framework and how that will be applied within Avalon in version 7.
Ashley Blewer of Artefactual demo's the new workflows and scripts designed for bringing content into Artefactual's Archivematica archiving and preservation system, and then passing content through to Avalon for access.
Avalon monthly forum, including embedding Avalon content into Open Journal Systems v. 3 via the open journal "Cultural Anthropology" with Marvel LaFlamme. Avalon Scrum Master Maria Whitaker then demo'd the coming Timeliner tool coming thanks to a partnership with Digirati.
103 focused on:
• Packaging bug release 5.0.1
• Adding new play list features for 5.1, of note is our markers feature
• Fedora 4 research for Avalon 6.0 release.
103’s demo is our new marker feature:
• Markers allow users to add descriptions of moments in time to music tracks and videos within a playlist.
• Key use cases are for finding specific solos or scenes in streaming media.
• Markers can be edited and deleted by users.
The demo for sprint 104 introduces Markers, a new piece of functionality that allows specific time points to be referenced from within Playlists. Also shown in this video is a demonstration of the ability in Avalon 5.1 to import playlists from Variations, as well as a preliminary architecture diagram for running Avalon in the cloud.